Your Pet Could Star at AQC!
Announcing a mini textile art challenge: Paws & Whiskers
We invite you to show your best friend in their best light, in textiles.
Traditional and contemporary works using techniques including patchwork, embroidery, appliqué, surface design, photo transfer, printing and so on will all be considered. The entry may depict any pet, even those without paws or whiskers, including those with feathers, fins or fur.
Finalists will be selected to be displayed at the Australasian Quilt Convention (AQC) 2016 and at Craft & Quilt Fairs across the year.
The People’s Choice winner will be announced at the Friday night lecture at AQC (Friday April 15).
So come along and vote for your favorite on Thursday and Friday at AQC.
DEADLINE EXTENSION FOR PAWS & WHISKERS: Online entries now closing March 6, 2016.
You Could Win!
A Viewers’ Choice competition will be held at AQC with a prize pack of more than $200 worth of products courtesy of Fiskars. The prize pack will include: One 6” x 24” Rotary Ruler (approx $80); one 24” x 36” double-sided cutting mat (approx $90); one pair spring-action micro-tip scissors (approx $25); one pair premium Finnish-made 8” scissors (approx $40).
About The Challenge
- This is a juried textile art competition with the theme Paws & Whiskers and is open to all Australian and New Zealand residents.
- The textile art work must depict a pet, not a wild or zoo animal.
- Finalist entries for display will be selected from online photo submissions.
- Please read the Challenge rules before starting your creation.
- Finished size will be 25cm square.
- Deadline for online entry is February 25, 2016.
- Please DO NOT send us your finished artwork unless requested.