Before booking your classes, read the descriptions in this program, and use the Timetable to plan your class selections.
If you want to see the Class Requirements – the things you will need to bring click here then choose the class that interests you.
When you are ready to book, click on the BLUE BUTTON at the top of the website, select the package you want, and then select your classes.
You will need a Visa or Mastercard credit card and any security/bank pin number necessary for your card.
We also recommend selecting a 2nd preference for your class in case it is booked out. Please note that in 2018, delegates at AQC were offered a rebook program which has a 24 hour pre-book window.
An email will be sent confirming your booking.
Easy Step by Step booking
1. Decide which package you will take up: Gold Pass, Two Day (Thursday – Friday), Two Day (Saturday – Sunday) or Social Events (Lectures, Dinner Cocktail Party etc). Click here for inclusions.
2. Decide which social events (including lectures etc) you will attend. You must book these even if they are included in your chosen package.
3. Choose your classes and have your credit card handy.
4. From 11am Tuesday October 23, click on the blue button at the top of the page to link to the booking page. Complete your details then follow the prompts to select your classes and make your payment.
5. Call 02 9452 7575 if you need assistance. Expertise Events Head Office Hours are 8.30am until 5pm (AEDT).
FAQs about the classes
Why are the classes in packages?
AQC classes are part of a convention and therefore are available to Convention Delegates only. Class packages include social events, catering and a number of inclusions. If you only want to attend AQC as a casual visitor, there are plenty of options – attend social events, or just buy a ticket to the Expo and Quilt Show – there is a full program of free workshops and short classes to choose from. The Expo program will be released in March, 2019.
Can I pay by cheque?
You can pay by cheque, but you will need to make a phone booking. Please have several class preferences chosen. Your class place cannot be confirmed until your payment is received.
What do I need to bring?
Some classes include a kit of all or some materials required in the class. The class description includes mention of any kit/materials fee. If there is a kit, you will need to pay the kit fee directly to the tutor. Most classes will require the student to bring specific supplies with them. The requirements list for each class are posted here within each class description.
Do I need to bring a sewing machine?
In classes where machines are required, sponsor companies will provide them so you do not have to bring your own. A technical assistant will be available in class to help you. You may bring your own machine if you choose but no technical assistance will be available.
What is included in the class fee?
For full details click here.
Catering during the day will be sponsored by:
Class booking conditions
Payment of fees must accompany all bookings otherwise the booking cannot be processed.
• Cancellations received in writing before March 10, 2019 will receive a 75 per cent refund of fees paid and will be at Expertise Events’ sole discretion. After this date there will be no refunds. All cancellations must be forwarded to Expertise Events in writing. Please note that substitutions of the delegate may be accepted in lieu of a cancellation, at the discretion of Expertise Events but, due to limited class numbers, class selection changes cannot be made.
• To take advantage of any early bird rate, bookings must be made before November 30, 2018.
• In the event of a tutor cancellation due to illness or other unforeseen circumstance, the tutor will be replaced and no refunds will be available in this instance.