The Australasian Quilt Convention is held in one of Australia’s most historic edifices. The Royal Exhibition Building is conveniently located just north of the CBD, and next to the Melbourne Museum in Carlton Gardens. It is part of the Golden Mile Heritage Trail. Street Address: Royal Exhibition Building (visit the website) 9 Nicholson Street Carlton, Victoria, 3053 Venue facilities:
- The AQC Expo Café is open daily
- An ATM is located next door in the Melbourne Museum which is open 10am to 5pm daily
- The venue is accessible for wheelchairs and prams
- No photography is allowed without permission
- Cloakroom service is available ($2/item) at the AQC Gift Shop
- Get a pass-out stamp at the door to come and go to the Expo on the same day.
- No Wheelchairs for hire at the venue.
- Melbourne Museum (opposite the REB) has undercover parking, subject to availability. Entry is via Rathdowne or Nicholson Street and is open from 6am to midnight, Monday to Sunday.
- Designated disabled parking is available on level P2 adjacent to the lifts.
- For rates visit www.museumvictoria.com.au or call 13 11 02.
- For other carparks in the area visit www.secureparking.com.au or call 1300 727 483. Metered parking is also available in the surrounding streets.
We recommend travelling by public transport. Visitors to AQC have various public transport options including:
- Tram 86 or Tram 96 to corner of Nicholson and Gertrude Streets
- Free City Circle Tram – Route 35 (City Circle) to Victoria Parade click here for more information. Map of Route 35 click here
- City loop train to Parliament Station, a 12-minute walk to the REB
- Bus routes 250, 251 and 402 to Rathdowne Street
- For further information about visiting Melbourne visit www.thatsmelbourne.com.au or call 03 9658 9658.
To plan your public transport journey visit www.metlinkmelbourne.com.au or call 131 638.