You could star at AQC! Announcing a mini textile art challenge: Self Portrait
We invite you to depict yourself, in textiles.
What is a Self Portrait? Not to be confused with a selfie, a self-portrait is intended as an exploration of your face, body and personality. It may show your style or document important things in your life. It may even include another person as well.
We’ve seen your wonderful pet portraits (in 2016), now let’s get a look at you!
Abstract, pictorial, or interpretive – we’ll accept all entries.
Traditional and contemporary works using techniques including patchwork, embroidery, appliqué, surface design, photo transfer, printing and so on will all be considered. The entry may depict you at any age, and may be an abstract interpretation.
Finalists will be selected to be displayed at the Australasian Quilt Convention (AQC) 2019 and at Craft & Quilt Fairs across the year. Deadline for online entries is February 21, 2019.
Click here to fill in the entry form.
A Viewers’ Choice competition will be held at AQC with a prize pack of more than $200 worth of products.
- This is a juried textile art competition with the theme Self Portrait and is open to all Australian and New Zealand residents.
- Finalist entries for display will be selected from online photo submissions.
- Please read the Challenge rules before starting your creation.
- Finished size will be 25cm square.
- Deadline for online entry is February 21, 2019.
- Please DO NOT send us your finished artwork unless requested.
Click here for Challenge rules
Entries from the themed Paws & Whiskers 2016 mini challenge